Clean Harbors is looking for a Senior Collections Specialist to join their safety conscious team! The Senior Collections Specialist is responsible to collect account receivables, investigate credit issues, prepare, and maintain reports and customer files, recommend accounts slated for collection agencies or to be placed on hold, and prepare accounts receivable adjustments.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Collection and management of a diverse account receivables portfolio via telephone, email, etc;
- Investigate, or refer for investigation, credit issues;
- Management of portfolio with particular attention to customer, industry or regional trending;
- Preparation of monthly reports as requested or required;
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manners, including the ability to professionally address and resolve difficult customer interactions, and aggressively work with the Sales and Operations staff on resolution of pending action items;
- Maintenance of customer files;
- Satisfy daily PeopleSoft work list and call requirements of a minimum of 200 calls made and notes entered a week;
- Ability to critically review and make recommendations to manager of accounts to be submitted to the legal department. Recommendations must withstand management review;
- Ability to critically review customer credit worthiness and status of outstanding customer receivables and place accounts on credit hold as per self-determination. Recommendations must withstand management review;
- Ability to review and reconcile customer accounts as needed;
- Preparation of A/R adjustments;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors preferred.
- 5+ years commercial collections experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.