*** $7,000 Sign on bonus ***
Clean Harbors in Benicia, CA is looking for a Class A Driver / Roll Off Driver to join their safety conscious team!
This position will be responsible for supporting Bay Area refineries and waste disposal runs to Bakersfield, Buttonwillow and Aragonite, Utah. Will be responsible for the performance of tasks associated with hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials and may operate a variety of vehicles including vacuum trailer, roll-off and hydro-blasting equipment.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5.
- Competitive wages: $32.00 to $35.00 per hour DOE.
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment.
- Group 401K with company matching component.
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement.
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to pumps, vacuum, equipment, oil spill boom, generators, bobcats, etc., tank cleaning, hydro excavating & hydro blasting.
- Performs emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
- Works in atmospheres and locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic or corrosive.
- Works in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance.
- Working at elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding.
- Completion of associated paperwork, including but not limited to daily worksheets, vehicle inspections, equipment inspections and Health and Safety requirements and permits.
- Quick and immediate response when on call, secure coverage for shift and communicate your replacement's name to the coordinator.
- HAZMAT endorsement REQUIRED.
- TWIC preferred or secure within 30 days of hire.
- Tanker endorsement PREFERRED or willing to secure within 30 days of hire.
- Must be able to drive CDL manual transmission.
- Local work / HOME DAILY on most occasions.
- 20% overnight travel for waste disposal to Utah.
- Will also have disposal runs to Buttonwillow and/or Bakersfield.
- Roll-off experience a HUGE PLUS.
- Requires manual labor.
- Day shift, early morning start.
- Paid overtime, paid holidays + $7,000 sign on bonus.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Class A CDL Required.
- Hazmat Endorsement Required.
- Tanker Endorsement Required.
- Manual Transmission vehicle experience.
- Previous Manual Labor experience in Construction or Industrial based setting strongly preferred.
- Because of the operational nature of the position, there may be on call or emergency response situations.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.