Clean Harbors in Compton, CA is seeking a Household Hazard Waste Program Manager (Program Manager for City of Los Angeles) responsible for growing the CleanPack and Treatment and Disposal business within an assigned territory. This role will develop and execute a sustainable business plan by working in conjunction with the Regional Sales and Operations personnel.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Recruiting Pay range $72,000-$76,326
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and always acting in a safe manner
- Resolve job related issues such as billing, collections, customer issues and post-job follow-up
- Coordinate all aspects of HHW collection events
- Meet with customers too proactively resolve customer issues or complaints
- Maintain satisfactory customer relationship
- Assist Technical Service General Manager in ensuring that billing goals are being met
- Act as a liaison between sales and operations, bridging the gap between how the job was sold and how the job should be executed
- Review accounts receivable reports weekly and make collection calls when necessary
- Develop strategies to maximize pricing and profitability for all business lines
- Develop work order information for jobs they sold and clearly communicates job needs to the CleanPack or Logistics Coordinator
- Ensure current contracts and purchase orders are in place prior to job execution
- Kick-off jobs with field personnel and ensure proper job execution
- Responsible for maintaining customer and CHES spreadsheets
- Attend all compliance and safety update meetings
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Financial management, logistics or sales experience
- Working knowledge of environmental statutes and regulations, business development, revenue enhancement and market penetration
- Leadership experience
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Attention to detail, able to take and follow direction, and to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to interface with customers
- Valid Driver’s license
Clean Harbors Technical Services
- Waste Disposal – Comprehensive disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste at Company-owned facilities
- Recycling Services – Extensive recycling, reuse and reclamation options for materials such as solvents, chemicals, oil and electrical equipment
- Chemical Packing – Safe, efficient handling and disposal of the widest range of chemicals, including reactives and compressed gases
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Services – HHW collection programs of all types and sizes, facilitated by Clean Harbors expert personnel
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial, or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.