Our Clean Harbors Kimball, NE location is currently looking for a Certified Welder to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the application of trade skills to a wide variety of welding, fitting and custom fabrication. Competitive wages provided with the opportunity for overtime. Ability to set up welding equipment for weld procedures and maintain a safe clean work area required. Some work may require working off scaffold or aerial man lifts on occasion. This position may be required to work overtime. This is not a position requiring overnight travel, however willingness to travel in the future a plus. Safety focused with a desire to advance in career.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days
- 401-K plus Company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environment
- Ensure Health and safety is the number one priority while working independently and in cooperation with others including shop superintendents, safety personnel and certified welding inspectors
- Utilize measuring tapes, bandsaws, grinders and various hand tools to accurately layout and fit up piping modules in a heated clean shop area
- Layout, cut and fit piping from shop sketches and blueprints in carbon and stainless steel and other alloys
- Perform GMAW, SMAW, and GTAW welding of joints, bolt up valves and other equipment on scaffold and/or aerial lifts using appropriate fall protection (from heights)
- Wear appropriate safety equipment based on a complete analysis of the job site and tasks being performed, including a respirator if required
- Immediately notify shop supervisor or management of any equipment deficiencies or repairs needed and tag out of service if indicated
- Work independently and in cooperation with others including shop superintendents, safety personnel and certified welding inspectors
- Maintain a safe and clean work area while keeping company issued tools and equipment clean and organized
- Ability to safely set up and operate a hydraulic plate shear and press brake (preferred)
- Set up welding equipment for weld procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- High School, GED, and Trade school or post-secondary welding training or apprenticeship. Four plus years as a minimum trade experience.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work on scaffold or aerial lifts on occasion. Climbing ladders.
- Ability to pass a respirator fit test and wear a respirator- Mustache allowed (clean shaven face required)
- Certified Welder Required
- 6G Pipe Welding Required
- TIG, Stick, MIG Required
- Safety Focused
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We appreciate all those interested in joining Clean Harbors; only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.