HPC-Industrial is looking for Class A and B CDL Operators to join their safety conscious team in Mitchell, IL! The Operator is responsible for the safe and proper execution of HPC-Industrial jobs across all services lines. Supervises and completes single task jobs requiring one crew and completes turnarounds with management oversight at client’s site in accordance with client and business requirements and company policies, practices and procedures.
HPC Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC-Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Act as safety representative responsible for safety policies and procedures of both the company and the customer, including hands-on information regarding operations, safety, equipment, emergency response and administrative functions.
- Hands-on operation vacuum equipment and hydroblasting equipment.
- Operation of special equipment, such as Ultra High-Pressure pumps.
- Operate equipment by energizing the pumping equipment and/or any specialized hydroblasting and/or chemical cleaning equipment, vacuum trucks and cutting equipment being used on the job.
- May be required to examine surface cleaned to ensure conformance to company and customer specifications.
- Perform routine maintenance on company equipment being used on the job.
- Perform any and all duties associated with liquid vacs, air machines and jet rodders.
- May direct a crew of vacuum technicians.
- May transport equipment and personnel to and from customer locations.
- Completes pre and post trip inspections, driver’s logs and complies with all other vehicle policy and DOT requirements.
- Loading and unloading hoses.
- Unload vacuum truck at the dump site.
- Provide general maintenance in the field.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Specific vocational preparation including classroom safety training, on-the-job training and essential experience gained on other jobs;
- Language proficiency: understand English at a level to comprehend safety training and respond to instructions in emergency situations;
- Valid driver’s license, CDL Class A or B and other requirements of company’s driving policy required when driving company vehicle or using personal vehicle on company business;
- Smartphone required for Electronic Logging Device;
- Federal Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) may be required;
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of emergency equipment, such as fire extinguishers;
- Experience operating a vacuum truck;
- Working knowledge of operating equipment used in wet and dry vacuums.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience;
- Class B CDL License minimum;
- HAZMAT and Tanker Endorsements, preferred.
HPC-Industrial and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HPC Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.