HPC-Industrial is looking for CNC/Manual Machinist in our Deer Park, Tx location! The CNC/Manual Machinist is responsible for producing machined parts by setting up, and operating Drill Presses, Mills, Horizontal Lathes, & VTLs; maintaining all quality and safety standards; keeping records and maintaining equipment and supplies. The Manual Machinist may also plan stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock and verifying receipt of stock.
PLEASE READ ALL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - YOU MAY BE A GREAT FIT!!!!
***COMPETITIVE PAY & BENEFITS***
LOCATION- DEER PARK, TX- LA PORTE TX.
SCHEDULE- MON-FRI. OT (REQUIRED) ROTATING SHIFT. EMERGENCY RESPONSE ON CALL SCHEDUALE!
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DISA URINE TEST & BACKGROUND!
Experience with CNC/MANUAL MACHINEST A PLUS BUT NOT REQUIRED!
Why work for HPC-Industrial
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- High school diploma or equivalent GED is required
Skills and experience:
- 3 – 5 years machinist experience in a job shop or production environment required
- Prior experience with set-up and operation of lathe CNC machines is a plus.
- Prior Auto-Cad experience a plus.
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Set-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut.
- Maintain specifications by drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Plan stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Office setting, Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, pulp and paper mills, etc.