The Incineration Blends Chemist is responsible for developing the waste mixture to be processed and burned through the incineration unit.
- · Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- · Performs analytical review of all onsite and inbound wastes in effort to develop a production plan and blend mixture to be burned through the unit.
- · Oversees scheduling of waste materials into the facility.
- · Develops production plans and productions sequences for the Operations Managers or Supervisors.
- · Completes all paperwork associated with the blend mixtures in a neat and timely fashion.
- · Ensures that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines and compliance parameters of the unit.
- · Responsible for problem solving when results fall outside of mandated specifications or are otherwise suspect.
- · Responsible for end of month inventory reconciliation and management.
- · Works closely with plant management to implements operational improvement strategies and throughput of the unit.
- · Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- · High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related science preferred.
- · 2+ years incineration capabilities or parameters experience.
- · Advanced working knowledge of the laboratory.
- · Solid understanding of math, chemistry and chemical testing.
- · Knowledge regarding burn parameters of the unit, proper waste mixes, feed routes and critical incineration theory.
- · Good time management, communication skills, and organizational skills.
- · Proficiency in Windows based applications.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests