Clean Harbors located in Deer Park, TX is looking to add a Sr. Instrumentation and Controls Engineer to our team. The Sr. Instrumentation and Controls Engineer will be the subject matter expert for control systems, project team member for control systems upgrades, develop and implement strategy in determining best course of upgrades that are needed in the future and assist sites as needed to standardize systems in the company. This position will be in office at Deer Park, TX, this is not a remote opportunity. There may be some travel required to other facilities as needed.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Ensures Control System best practices are being followed including Cyber Security concerns;
- Familiar with NIST Special Publication 800-82 Rev2, Guide to Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security and can assist sites with implementation of guidance material;
- Subject matter expert for control systems such as; ABB 800xA, ABB S+, DeltaV and Rockwell;
- Project Team Member/Lead for Control System upgrades;
- Keeps abreast of Control System improvements and assists in determining when upgrades should be performed;
- Develops strategy for I&E equipment, system development and implementation to improve company-wide asset availability and lower total cost of ownership;
- Assists sites in determining that all data transfers between core business systems and Control Systems are functioning properly;
- Promotes standardization of instrumentation and Control Systems across company;
- Participates in Mechanical Integrity discussions involving Control Systems and Instrumentation;
- Helps establish Preventative Maintenance procedures for Instrumentation and Control Systems;
- Supports corporate purchasing efforts to establish national agreements for Instrumentation and Controls;
- Updates Controls Systems Engineering Standards;
- SME for Open Platform Communications (OPC);
- Other Duties as Assigned.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field required;
- 10-15+ years of experience in a related field of work preferred;
- Knowledge of NEC, NFPA 70E, ISA 84 and other standards involving the I&E discipline;
- Knowledge of reliability concepts for I&E equipment;
- Knowledge of networking, virtualization, and operating systems;
- Enterprise Asset Management system experience;
- Experience solving Instrument and/or Electrical issues at facility locations;
- Change agent with ability to influence and work cross functionally;
- Ability to plan, organize, make decisions and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.