The HR Business Partner oversees the development and execution of LOB specific people initiatives that align and support overall business strategy with a focus on our corporate employee portfolio. This role focuses on working with the business and the HR team to promote a culture of positive employee relations and employee engagement.
This position will require working on site at our Norwell HDQ.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Consults with line management, providing HR expertise including change management.
- Increase leadership capability through coaching, development planning and facilitation.
- Building trusting relationships throughout the company by getting to know the critical challenges to growing the business firsthand
- Coach, counsel and train all managers and employees company policies/procedures, organizational development training programs, career development, employee relations, and all other training programs
- Strategically collaborate with LOB / COEs and deploy programs to understand and improve employee engagement, employee retention and turnover reduction
- Facilitate annual performance management, employee development and compensation review processes; (life cycle).
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Ability to bridge cross-functional boundaries within an organization. Ability to make decisions in an adverse situation, conflict resolution ability to support team development, strong problem-solving skills, business acumen, conflict resolution and change management skills, attention to detail, problem solving, effective communication skills, consulting, coaching, presentation/public speaking skills, project management.
- 4+ years of experience in human resources
- 4+ years of college or specialized HR training, experience in manufacturing or hospitality preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources preferred, 5+ years’ experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to bridge cross-functional boundaries within an organization.
- Ability to build trusting relationships and credibility.
- Solution oriented mindset
- Ability to make decisions in adverse situations.
- Conflict resolution skills to support team development.
- Effective communication and presentation/public speaking skills
- Project management
- Ability to travel minimally, 5%+
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.