Clean Harbors in San Antonio, TX is seeking an Equipment Operator I to operate heavy equipment such as a backhoe, heavy duty crane, heavy duty forklift and/or track hoe within the field.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Recruiting Pay range
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes and always acting in a safe manner
- Operates backhoe, heavy duty crane, heavy duty forklift, and/or track hoe.
- Operates a forklift as necessary
- Completes daily checklist as required for proper operation of the unit being operated
- Assures unit is never operated in an unsafe manner or in a manner which is inconsistent with Standard Operating Procedures
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for waste tracking movements
- Assures that all containers are properly secured, i.e., chock blocks, jack stands
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules.
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- By position, ability to be on call for emergency response on rotating basis every other week
- By position, site-remediation, equipment decontamination, and the handling of hazardous materials.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Previous experience in operating: backhoe, heavy duty crane, heavy duty forklift and/or track hoe
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Previous experience in Hazmat
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial, or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.