HPC-Industrial POWERED BY CLEAN HARBORS is hiring for a full time Equipment Service Technician based out of maintenance shop in Houston, TX (Deer Park Texas).
- Checkout, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance & repair of a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment for our fleet of vapor control and degassing equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limited to: Thermal Oxidizers, Vapor Combustors, Catalytic Oxidizers, Liquid VOC Scrubbers, Pumps, Motors, Valves, Actuators, and Transmitters, Emission Monitoring Equipment, Recorders, and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Service Technician will be required to install, navigate, troubleshoot and alter all types of PLC’s (programmable controllers) PID loop controllers, VFD’s, HMI’s, and other control devices
- Service Technician will carry a company phone & provide technical support for Field Supervisors and Equipment Operators
- Perform retrofit/modifications to existing equipment
- Demonstrate safe work habits in an industrial environment.
- Perform other equipment tracking, equipment maintenance and equipment repair activities
- Experienced Instrumentation Tech, Experienced Electrical Technician or License Electrician is preferred, but not required
- Two (2) year technical degree or 1 year electrical or equivalent in a relevant field OR Military service required
- Proven Mechanical Aptitude and ability to work independent to solve problems
- Experience programming, calibrating & configuring 4-20 MA loop devices: 1 year required
- Ability to pass background check and drug screening
- A TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) will have to be obtained within first 30 days of employment. Company will provide reimbursement for obtaining TWIC.
- Able to travel within the US with some overnight stays 10+% of the time
- Experience programming, calibrating, and configuring 4-20 MA loop devices.
- Experience for modifying, diagnose and troubleshooting PLC’s (programmable Logic Controllers) such as, but not limited to, Allen Bradley, etc.
- Experience reading and understanding P&ID’s, fabrication drawings, and electrical schematics
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Electrical and mechanical skills
- Must be able to drive a Company vehicle and respond to customers as the need arises. Company truck and tools provided.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50# on occasion and 25# routinely, able to bend, stoop, crawl and maneuver around skid and trailer mounted equipment and piping.
- Experience repairing Thermal Oxidizers & Vapor Combustors
- Experience working on electrical motors, valves, actuators, transmitters and PLC equipment
- Experience with electrical troubleshooting, including the ability to read schematics and wiring programs
- Experience understanding and applying National Electrical code (NEC)
- Experience with Industrial safety, OSHA and NFPA 70E.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Additional compensation based upon experience and technical education
- Industry Leading Safety Training. Safety is our #1 Core Value
- Paid Vacation in the first year of employment
- Sick Pay, Holiday Pay and Personal Paid Time off after 1 year of employment
- 401(k) matching after 90 days
- Medical Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage
- Company Paid Short Term Disability Ins., Long Term Disability Ins. Life Insurance 1 X Base Equivalent, AD&D 1 X Base Equivalent
- Flexible spending account / Health savings account
- Employee Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC-Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
HPC-Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
HPC-Industrial is a Military & Veteran friendly company.