HPC-Industrial has an opening in Rosemount, MN for an Environmental Field Chemist. This position will be responsible for the performance of task associated with handling, segregating, packing, and inspecting chemical waste in accordance with Federal/State/Local regulations and our company policies and procedures. This position will work both indoors and outdoors at a customer site and will be responsible for assisting with lab packs within the customer’s facility. The Environmental Field Chemist are (NOT) laboratory-based Chemist.
Why work for HPC-Industrial?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5
- Rapid developmental and progression plans
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off and company paid training to include CDL training
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your environmental career
- HPC-Industrial training includes:
- Occupational Health and Safety (OSHA) environmental certifications
- EPA Resource and Recovery Act (RCRA) environmental certifications
- Department of Transportation (DOT) environmental certifications
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Prepare computer generated packing lists, labels, manifest, and land disposal restriction notifications;
- Perform inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance;
- Inspect storage area and drums for leaks or spills;
- Inspect drums for compliance with labeling regulations;
- Collects, segregates, and properly packages waste chemicals for disposal to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance;
- Executes Jobs at Clean Harbors customer locations including fortune 500 companies;
- Responsible for final preparation and approval of all projects before shipment in accordance with OSHA, EPA, DOT and company policies;
- Conducts projects/jobs according to site specific Federal, State, and local regulations and health and safety plans;
- Understand customer specific disposal restrictions/special packaging requirements;
- Sample and profile of new waste streams or any waste needing analytical testing;
- Ensures drum count is correct and that drum conditions are shippable in accordance our company’s policies and procedure;
- Physically demanding position; Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
What does it take to work at HPC-Industrial?
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College degree in Chemistry or Natural Science; Preferred, not Required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Strong customer service skills
Our Environmental Field Chemist is an entry level position into an exciting and rewarding career at Clean Harbors. Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills, experience, and training as you return to civilian life.
Environmental Field Chemist will be assigned to a 4day-10 hour per day work schedule or Monday – Friday, with available OT.
Completing samples, coordinating waste shipments, complete spill response assignments, create manifests/BOL’s, and manage 90-day areas, etc.
HPC-Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.