The Regional Finance Manager is a business partner to the US Industrial business. This role is responsible to review, reconcile, and maintain a variety of accounting and financial data and information, including financial closings, forecasts, preparing a variety of reports and review and research of business unit profit and loss. This role is a business partner to branch managers and vice presidents to ensure that financial data is maintained and reported in a timely and accurate manner. The role provides an opportunity to work in a friendly, fast-paced environment with a team-player mentality.
The role provides an opportunity to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment leveraging cross-functional teams that has an impact on future investments within Clean Harbors’ Industrial Services Business
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always;
- Work closely with branch managers, vice presidents and other finance team members to support Industrial Services Management in a "business partner" capacity;
- Perform activities such as; closing of Profit and Loss (P&L) and analyzing job profitability and key costs;
- Research, prepare and post Journal Entries;
- Analyze information flow and recommend improvements. Participate, recommend, and track cost savings projected vs actual;
- Assist in preparation of forecasts and budgets;
- Present, explain, and comment on financial results at the branch or region level including processes and procedures critical to the generation of timely and accurate financial results. Recommend areas of improvement for any unfavorable trends;
- Research and compile information from various systems and sources and recommend approaches to improve profit;
- Responsible for reading, comprehending, and following the applicable narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements;
- Responsible for timely and accurate submissions to auditors when questions arise surrounding audits;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred or equivalent;
- 7+ years experience and team player mentality in a similar role;
- Advanced MS Excel skills;
- Driven self-starter with attention to detail and problem-solving skills required;
- Ability to work well and communicate with others required;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time required;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and adjust accordingly;
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.