HPC-Industrial is looking for a CDL Truck Driver Operator CLASS A/B (Tanker and Hazmat Endorsement) to join their safety conscious team! The position is responsible for the safe and proper execution of HPC-Industrial jobs across all service lines. This includes responsibility over proper operation of equipment, driving operational efficiencies at the work site and ensuring accurate documentation related to the job is completed in a timely fashion. Must be able to drive/operate an 8 or 10-speed manual transmission truck.
HPC-Industrial, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC-Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
|Responsibilities for Internal Candidates
- Inspect loads for safe transportation.
- Maintain valid CDL Class A or Class B driver's license, logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles immediately.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and services when required.
- Driver ensures that brake adjustment inspections are completed prior to use.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products and other materials.
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes in compliance with state regulations.
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs. Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, phones, or global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Load or unload hazardous and non-hardgrounds waste materials from trucks or help others with loading or unloading, using special loading-related equipment or other equipment as necessary.
- Labels, marks and manifests shipments in accordance with applicable regulations and company policies, practices and procedures.
- Remove debris from loaded trailers.
- Inventory and inspect fluids to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Driver is properly trained for all use of PPE required to perform work in a safely manner.
- Oilfield setting - Remote oilfield sites
|Qualifications for Internal Candidates
- Minimum of one year, verifiable vacuum truck service within the commercial trucking industry.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving fluids in the vacuum truck services in the oilfield industry.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge in the operation of equipment used in commercial transportation.
- CDL Class A with Haz-mat and Tanker endorsement and an acceptable driving record.
- Smartphone required for Electronic Logging Device.
- Complete understanding of DOT’s safety program & standards.
- Possess excellent communications and human relations skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience troubleshooting transportation equipment is preferred.
- TWIC card within 30 days of hire
- Pay Range: $25 - $35 per hour
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
HPC-Industrial and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HPC-Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.