Clean Harbors in Clackamas, OR is seeking an Environmental Services Coordinator (Technical Services Coordinator) responsible for scheduling the efficient use of regional equipment and personnel, to include drivers, to provide logistical services to internal and external customers. This role will supervise multiple associates and ensure optimal efficiency and execution within an assigned territory.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth!
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match.
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement.
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner
- Schedule drivers and review their daily logs to ensure compliance with DOT regulations
- Receive incoming customer and emergency calls to schedule responses accordingly
- Maintain communication between customers, drivers, and central logistics team
- Ensure all equipment and vehicles are receiving regular preventive maintenance and scheduling additional essential repairs and/ or maintenance as needed
- Provides compliance information, maintenance, safety and permitting to Manager
- Ensures drivers meet federal and Company regulations/policies
- Ensures driver logs, vehicle inspection reports, and job folders are completed daily
- Review logistics and works closely with customer service to understand shipping needs
- Promotes safety by ensuring that personnel have the appropriate personal protective equipment, work plans, and training, etc.
- Understands expected job profitability by scheduling and managing resources efficiently
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in transportation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, verbal, and written skills
- Strong computer skills with a solid proficiency in Microsoft based applications
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Bachelor’s degree
- DOT knowledge and dispatching/ logistics experience
- Leadership and supervisory knowledge
- RCRA/OSHA knowledge
Clean Harbors Technical Services
- Waste Disposal – Comprehensive disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste at Company-owned facilities
- Recycling Services – Extensive recycling, reuse and reclamation options for materials such as solvents, chemicals, oil and electrical equipment
- Chemical Packing – Safe, efficient handling and disposal of the widest range of chemicals, including reactives and compressed gases
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Services – HHW collection programs of all types and sizes, facilitated by Clean Harbors expert personnel
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial, or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.