The General Manager, Pigging & Pipeline Services will be responsible for the overall operation of Clean Harbors Pigging Services business for Canada. This includes ensuring the safe, cost effective and efficient day-to-day operations. As well as providing direction, growth and ensuring the success of the services line, the Company overall and its employees.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Direct and optimize overall operations in the assigned geographic area
- Ensure the communication of all required report information is provided to all pertinent departments
- Review operational reports with particular attention to operational problems, customer concerns, and regulatory compliance and safety issues, and provide operational input
- Monitor overall business performance with special attention to safety and environmental issues, providing solutions to problems that repeatedly affect business performance or could lead to future issues
- Provide overall leadership and direction while maintain a secure environment and a respectful, team-oriented workplace
- Ensure employees are operating according to the company’s goals, objectives and core values by monitoring and reinforcing employee compliance with Company Policies & Procedures as well as government and industry regulations, ensuring staff are following safe work practices, are completing job duties efficiently and that there is adequate support
- Conduct periodic field visits to inspect the equipment and working environment
- Work closely with leadership and support services to monitor safety statistics and ensure compliance with reporting procedures regarding accidents/incidents and reporting, reviewing important documents submitted
- Aggressively market the Company services and seek growth opportunities in addition to maintaining collaborative and profitable relationships with customer organizations
- Prepare annual budget, based on market projections, needs for refurbishments, capital expenditures and fleet additions including the enforcement of cost controls and general efficiencies to ensure achievement of financial targets and profit margins while monitoring of all repair and maintenance costs and taking corrective actions when required, planning, organizing, directing and controlling all major maintenance to provide AFE’s to maintain budget guidelines
- Monitor on-going updates of equipment and parts inventories and general purchasing process to ensure quality and cost effectiveness while ensuring 100% compliance with regulated certification requirements for equipment and personnel training
- Perform annual Performance Reviews of all staff under your management and participate in the evaluation and development of niche markets to enhance profitability
- Identify and communicate potential growth opportunities for the company to the Operations Team
- Direct weekly meetings to ensure effective dissemination of information and tasks to applicable departments and employees
- Participate in the preparation of annual recommendations for field and office staff with regards to compensation recommendations, training and bonuses
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business
- Engage in and supporting business development and sales activities
- Support overall Canadian Industrial Services operations as needed
- 10+ years of experience in Pigging and Pipeline services
- 10+ years of management or supervisory experience
- Prior financial and P&L accountability
- Demonstrated ability to drive business growth
- Experience creating a positive safety culture and managing incidents
- Strong computer skills with applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to maintain effective professional relationships while leading/mentoring in a team atmosphere
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.