Reporting to the President, Industrial Services, the Senior Vice President of Human Resources acts as the strategic HR partner to their executive business leader. The SVP of HR leads a variety of dedicated LOB HR teams including HR business partners, Employee Relations, Recruiting, Onboarding, Training, and Compensation. This person will partner with Senior Business Leaders in both Canada and the United States to provide specialized coaching, support and influence that enables the effective development and delivery of people plans that support business unit strategic and operational plans. This individual will also provide both transformational advice and transactional support on change management initiatives related to the workforce. Works closely with corporate Center of Excellence (COE) leaders to ensure integrated plans are developed and deployed efficiently, successfully, and with “one voice” to the organization at large. Helps ensure all HR practices are implemented in accordance with the policies and practices of the company, the ethical and social consciousness of the business, and all applicable laws, regulations, standards, and contracts.
The ideal candidate would reside in Norwell, MA or Houston, TX.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive annual salary
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401k with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Partners with executive leadership of the Business Unit, to promote and support the success of the overall Business Unit's operations through workforce strategy, development, and deployment as well as supporting the ongoing development of the corporate Centers of Excellence;
- Coach, mentor, develop and lead a supportive HR team; ensure HR staff understands and appreciates the responsibility to meet the needs of the organization in delivering services to both their assigned business unit(s) and the HR COE. Provide an inspiring and consistent strategic HR focus that is understood and actively supported across Clean Harbors. Build initiatives into a fluid Human Resources business plan with measurable and reportable results;
- Partner with the COE in developing comprehensive programs that promotes skill and knowledge improvement, supports corporate wide career paths, and enables attainment of business unit and corporate objectives;
- Strategically work with business leaders to develop and deploy effective employee lifecycle planning including workforce planning, talent acquisition and employee development to meet current and future business needs;
- Originate and lead programs to that support an employee-oriented, high performance culture; understand and improve employee engagement, employee retention and turnover reduction;
- Be the point person in business unit acquisitions and lead the HR Team in developing and deploying action plans to ensure the seamless transition of Human Resources from the acquired company into Clean Harbors.
- Enhance, develop, and oversee the implementation and enforcement of human resources policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the business unit and the corporation;
- Trains managers/employees on company policies/procedures and other organizational development training programs;
- Helps administer union agreements for assigned unions and organizations, where applicable, and may represent the company in union negotiations.
- 15+ years of progressive HR experience in a complex business environment, leading multiple HR functions including employee relations, recruiting, talent management, training, considered an asset;
- 7+ years’ experience supporting front line, hourly workforce preferred;
- 7+ years’ of professional Human Resources experience providing consultative and strategic support to organizational leaders on a broad range of human resource issues;
- 5+ years in a Management role, ideally in an international organization;
- Previous experience in Labor Relations including union negotiation experience is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to influence change within the organization by leveraging strong working relationships built on trust;
- High level of interpersonal, coaching and facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including strong presentation and public speaking skills.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.