Diesel Mechanic-- $5000 Sign on Bonus
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: New Lenox, IL, United States
Date Posted: May 24, 2023
Category: Diesel, Truck & Heavy Equipment Mechanics
Job ID: 120630
Clean Harbors New Lenox IL is looking for a Diesel Maintenance Mechanic to join their team! As a Diesel Mechanic you will be responsible for conducting routine maintenance on our fleet of company Heavy Duty Diesel equipment, trucks, and trailers.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages with overtime available, weekly pay structure;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on company vehicles and equipment;
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment, vehicles, and machinery;
- Assist drivers with addressing outstanding vehicle issues;
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists;
- Move company equipment safely on yard as needed;
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment and vehicles;
- Disassemble, inspects and replace worn or broken parts. Fit and adjust new or repaired parts;
- Diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, clutches, electrical and pneumatic systems, gearboxes, hydraulics, cooling systems, exhaust, brakes, suspensions, lights, etc. on a variety of yard equipment, heavy duty trucks, trailers, and other equipment;
- Safely operates gauges, forklifts, shunt truck, torches, grinders, and various hand and power tools;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- 3+ years’ experience working on heavy-duty trucks and equipment required;
- Comfortable working on computers required;
- Must provide own basic tools;
- Related mechanical certifications is a plus;
- Willingness to travel to local branches
- Valid driver’s license, and clean 3 yr motor vehicle record.
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.