Clean Harbors in LaPorte, TX is seeking a Field Service Supervisor to plan, lead, organize and coordinate the daily operations of the service line crew. This includes responsibility over proper operation of equipment, driving operational efficiencies at the work site and ensuring accurate documentation related to the job is completed in a timely fashion.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
Recruiting Pay range
Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner
- Read work order and ensures all required equipment is available and operational prior to starting jobs
- Inspects equipment and general work area prior to starting any job
- Correct deficiencies that may cause accidents, injuries, lost productivity or harm to equipment or that are inconsistent with client's requirements
- Communicate Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment when required
- Completes all appropriate paperwork including service receipts, and submits to designated management
- Train Technicians I and II in equipment operation and service line processes
- Operate all necessary equipment in service line in accordance with operation training and safety procedures
- Practice safety procedures in accordance with training and guidelines when working
- Provide industrial services using appropriate techniques including handwork or manual work in accordance with established methods and applicable regulations
- Manually cleans, installs, fits, repairs valves, caps, hoses, pumps, gaskets and all other external and internal equipment on projects
- Understanding of equipment maintenance and ability to perform maintenance utilizing supplied breathing air and applicable personal protective equipment
- Maintain good housekeeping and cleanliness in the cleaning areas
- Check equipment at the start of each shift
- Lead safety meeting and ensure HPC safety policies are followed
- Meet progress deadlines and efficiently utilizes resources
- Instruct, provide feedback and direct and assist crew in performance of job duties to complete work in accordance with client requirements and Company policies, practices and procedures
- Enforce Company employee policies and may remove employee from job when required
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- By position, ability to be on call for emergency response on rotating basis every other week
- By position, site-remediation, equipment decontamination, and the handling of hazardous materials
- Environmental field service operations, construction, manufacturing, or similar industry experience
- Ability to travel overnight up to 2-4 nights per month
- Ability to be on-call for emergency response situations
- Ability to pull a trailer via pick-up truck preferred
- Ability to interface with clients and management
- Ability to manage project related vendors
- Ability to manage, reconcile, and review all job-related documentation
- Ability to work in confined spaces for periods of time
- Valid Driver’s license
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Experience in industrial emergency response, Hazmat clean-up, confined space entry
- Supervising/working in confined spaces
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial, or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.