Safety-Kleen is seeking a VP of Base Oil Sales. This leader will develop the sales strategy and lead the team to profitably grow of base oil sales in line with the overall business strategy. The VP will drive consistent, forecastable sales to contract and spot customers, maximizing profitability by selling the highest value products and to the highest value customers. The VP will also lead a talent management approach that drives performance through a disciplined sales process, coaching and incentive alignment to deliver superior results.
Position can sit anywhere in the United States.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time;
- Leads strategy for business development and profitable growth in the various product lines. Constantly seek and develop new sectors and avenues for sale of base oil products;
- Work collaboratively across Refinery Operations, Supply Chain & Transportation to optimize business performance & customer satisfaction;
- Achieve quarterly & annual base oil revenue and margin goals;
- Develop, nurture and maintain oversight of relationships with key strategic customers;
- Assure the sales team is appropriately deployed in the right geographies toward the right market verticals and strategic customers;
- Oversee sales process & performance management approach to drive sustainable, profitable growth. Ensure disciplined adherence to Sales Excellence processes to create business value, effectively managing underperformance;
- Assure the team has a rigorous planning and forecasting process in place to optimize business performance;
- Select, develop and motivate a team to deliver superior results;
- Recommend changes or additions to policies, procedures and programs as necessary to improve sales, customer satisfaction and/or organizational effectiveness and efficiency;
- Continuously provide Marketing & Senior Leadership Team with updates on competitor activity and market pricing;
- Assure the business has a marketing strategy that aligns with overall Base Oil Strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Management is required;
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or other business function is preferred;
- 10+ years of Base Oil sales experience strongly preferred;
- Proven track record of leading teams to successful volume/profit growth;
- Strong working knowledge of Hydrocarbon value chain and Oil Product markets strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of base oil refining processes strongly preferred;
- Ability to work with a variety of managers, each with different skills and personalities;
- Excellent negotiating skills;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Understanding sales process and sales compensation;
- Effective verbal and written communication and organizational skills;
- 50% travel required.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Safety-Kleen? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.