Clean Harbors is looking for an Environmental Waste Manager to join their safety conscious team in Ashville, NC! This position is responsible for overseeing the in-plant service operations of the Company in a safe, efficient, and professional manner, meeting the schedules and cost projections for each project to ensure optimum productivity, cost effectiveness, safety, and ease of operation. Responsibilities focus on the proper management of hazardous and non-hazardous solid wastes as well as in-plant industrial services. A strong emphasis is placed on the creation of cost savings through the elimination, reduction, and recycling of wastes.
CUSTOMER LOCATION: Ashville, NC
SHIFT: Mon – Fri 1st Shift
EXPECTATIONS: 3 Years’ Experience in Hazardous Waste or BA in Chemistry, Driver’s License and Vehicle required.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Performs all hazardous waste management duties in accordance with regulatory standards, customer policies, and company policies.
- Uses knowledge of baseline contract to determine whether contract requirements are being met and determines whether projects fall within the scope or need to be quoted as outside the scope.
- Communicates frequently and maintains positive rapport with customers, subcontractors, and supervisors.
- Analyzes financial performance of baseline contract as well as episodic projects.
- Identifies and characterizes waste, sampling and preparing waste material for analysis as required.
- Utilizes knowledge of DOT regulations to properly prepare containers for shipment; prepares and signs shipping paperwork for all waste shipments.
- Coordinates deliveries of waste containers and pick ups of waste for disposal.
- Tracks all waste shipment activities and prepares comprehensive reports for the customer; tracks waste generation data in customer database.
- Assists with preparation of annual budget and reconciliation process.
- Performs and documents waste satellite and accumulation area inspections.
- Develops and implements plans/projects that reduce the amount of waste generated and/or the amount of waste going to the landfill.
- Ensures all deliverables are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Investigates situations that could create regulatory, financial, or environmental issues for the customer or the Company; uses knowledge of waste handling procedures and internal financial processes to determine the most efficient and fiscally sound solution while achieving the customer’s goals.
- Ensures a discrimination-free environment anywhere in the company regarding sex, race, creed, age and religion.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- RCRA and DOT Training per 40 and 49 CFR
- 40 hour HAZWOPER
- Analytical/sampling experience
- Ability to work with budgets and quotes
- Strong initiative
- Team Player
- Strong ability to reason
- Critical thinker/problem solver
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and written