is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
The Facility General Manager
reports directly to the Regional Vice President Services and has direct responsibility for an assigned Transfer, Storage, and Disposal Facility which includes waste management, health & safety, compliance, profit & loss, and staffing.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Manages labor to assure operating costs are in line with budgeted and projected revenue.
- Labor management includes all employee hours worked, overtime hours worked, hiring, terminations, and performance appraisals.
- Responsibilities also include labor relations, and management in accordance with worker’s compensation regulations and laws.
- Manages processing of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes according to specified requirements including RCRA, DOT, customer requirements, and least cost routing.
- Intimately knowledge of all facility specific capabilities and processing technologies including, but not limited to, wastewater treatment, fuels blending, incineration, lab pack processing, blending, bulking, shredding, pumping.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree preferred
- 7+ years industry experience preferred
- 6+years of plant operations experience.
- 3+ years of management experience
- Working knowledge of environmental statutes and regulations.
- Strong mechanical ability.
- Able to make real-time decisions in the field.
- Requires standing, lifting, pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching.
- Requires climbing, speaking, listening, sitting, walking, and crawling.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.