|Job Description and Requirements:
The Environmental Operations Manager (known internally as a Technical Services Operations Manager) reports directly to the Technical Service General Manager and has direct responsibility for the operational execution of Transportation & Disposal and CleanPack service lines including the oversight and management of all truck-to-truck transfer operations within the region.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
• Manage and supervise CleanPack, Logistics, and Technical Service Coordinators.
• Ensure that coordinators manage labor and equipment resources to cover all customer needs and maximize utilization objectives.
• Manage according to rules/regulations on labor relations, OSHA, DOT and workers compensation.
• Ensure all branches are current with monthly Health & Safety module training as well as safety committee meetings and all other Health & Safety protocols
• Ensure all personnel follow all regulatory laws and corporate compliance SOP’s
• Ensure all drivers and chemists submit daily paperwork as required per DOT and company policy
• Ensure that Logistics Coordinators are working closely with RSOM regarding effective load planning and waste routing.
• Ensure job level profitability on all T&D and CleanPack jobs within region.
• Review and sign-off on all monthly branch unbilled and PO accruals for your areas of responsibility. Make sure coordinators enter ATC monthly cycle counts and or complete physical inventory into system in timely manner.
• Conduct weekly calls with specialists to ensure consistent guidance and direction.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required (Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or Business Management preferred)
• 3+ years of experience in the Hazardous Waste industry OR Current Clean Harbors employee
• 1+ year of experience managing or leading a staff
• Working knowledge of environmental statutes and regulations
• PC skills
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills
• Customer Service oriented
• Previous Lab Pack and or Logistics Coordinator experience preferred
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.