Our team is hiring a Facility Process Operator, internally titled as a Processing Operator, for our Baltimore, MD facility.
Candidate MUST have a background in managing process operations as well as experience working in an industrial setting.
The Process Operator will be responsible for the handling and treatment of waste materials at the plant. Efficiently operating the system in the assigned area while maintaining optimal runtime. This role is in a plant setting, and requires active multitasking of incoming and outgoing streams, treatment processes, inventories, paperwork, and time-management.
This is a Monday-Friday with overtime opportunities.
- Operating mechanized equipment safely, efficiently, and within specifications. Troubleshooting, inspecting, and fixing issues that arise with equipment as applicable. Identifying and recommending opportunities for improvement.
- Monitoring the operation from the control room on computers.
- Sampling of tankers and railcars and transporting to the laboratory.
- Loading and unloading trucks using pneumatic pumps.
- Packing, inspecting, and dumping bags, totes, sacks, or drums of various chemicals or waste.
- Filling tanks and batching chemical feed tanks.
- Performing tasks of varying physical demand such as moving hoses, hooking up pumps, sampling of vehicles, and cleaning equipment
- Maintaining inventory of materials, chemicals, waste, and available capacity.
- Handling movement of and working with chemicals used in the treatment processes.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Facility Process Experience.
- Any knowledge of hazardous or non-hazardous waste, chemical, water or wastewater treatment.
- Ability and willingness to use a respirator and personal protective equipment.
- Forklift or equipment operating experience.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- High attention to detail and problem-solving knowledge.
- Ability to take the lead and coordinate the shift.
- Willingness to communicate with management team.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5.
- Competitive wages with weekly overtime opportunities.
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment.
- Group 401K with company matching component.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life. These positions offer the opportunity to work as part of a team and grow and advance from entry-level to management at Clean Harbors
Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors Team.