Safety-Kleen is looking for a Vice President of Sales for Safety-Kleen Oil-Canada to join their safety conscious team. The VP of Sales Safety-Kleen Oil - Canada is responsible for leading the Sales organization toward achieving annual and long-term revenue growth objectives across his or her assigned Line(s) of Business.
The VP of Sales - Canada will work cross functionally with leadership in Product Management, Supply Chain, Technology, Operations, Pricing and Proposals, and relevant Facilities organizations to ensure the company is focused to deliver the highest value capability, while continuing to grow profitably.
The VP of Sales - Canada directly manages Sales Directors or Managers, and LOB Sales Specialists, and has overall responsibility for the recruiting/ hiring / training/ and building of a high-performance sales team.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Execute Strategy for business development and profitable growth for assigned LOBs; Ensure organizational alignment toward achieving growth objectives;
- Lead annual planning/ budgeting process for assigned LOBs across relevant Verticals and Canadian market. Ensure alignment with Product Management, and LOB Leaders within the sales organizations. Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets;
- Must be the “Subject Matter Expert” and the go to person for the Canadian Lubricant. Knowledge includes but is not limited to technical knowledge, system knowledge, operational knowledge, market knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the competitors and their capabilities;
- Program oversight for revenue quality and margin performance of the lines of business as assigned;
- Analyze ongoing business for gaps, deficiencies and opportunities to improve revenue opportunities. Review competitive trends, markets trends, quoting trends vs the market, contractual review, etc. Ultimately responsible for growth trends and improvement of the Canadian business;
- Program oversight for revenue quality and margin performance of the Canadian business;
- Direct management and oversight of the Sales Directors and Managers where each individual will have budgeted goals and expectations for strategic growth;
- Monitor and report Line of Business performance by vertical, by region and by business unit where each manager has budgeted expectations of producing revenues within each LOB;
- Responsible for defining the value proposition of each Line of Business. Work with Corporate Marketing and Sales in developing sales support material, technical presentations, etc;
- Assist field sales and vertical sales in sales support and technical sales support by providing expert resources;
- Where applicable, work with the facility operations in understanding both immediate and future plant disposal needs. Develop timely internal and external programs to meet the consistently changing needs of the plants; Consistently manage pricing vs volume requirements;
- Conduct performance evaluations of key sales indicators and statistics to monitor progress in attaining goals. Screen, hire, train and continually evaluate and develop sales specialists;
- Conduct regular customer reviews for account development and activity with direct reports. Utilize System to manage activity of direct reports and customer relationships. Maintain daily awareness of sales activities and results;
- Ensure professional development of assigned sales team. Initiate new business processes and procedures within the LOB Sales Specialists to improve market understanding and sales effectiveness;
- Promote communication and coordination between sales, operations, customer service and customers. Assure that customer needs are met;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Liberal Arts or Technical Field required; Masters preferred;
- 5+ years’ sales leadership experience within the lubricants industry;
- Maintain knowledge of lubrication industry, product technology and the Canadian Market;
- Develop and maintain technical understanding of all Site and Technical Service Lines of Business;
- Maintain ability to work with little or no supervision;
- Must have excellent presentation and writing skills;
- Maintain ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Develop and use effective customer service skills;
- Maintain professional appearance;
- Develop effective communication skills and leadership abilities;
- Ability to incorporate in-depth knowledge of the industry segment and aligning Clean Harbors’ goals with the needs of the customer;
- Develop and maintain proficiencies in Windows based applications;
- Understanding of Salesforce.com;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Ability to travel as required.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Safety-Kleen? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.