HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is looking for an Part Time Environmental Technician II to work at a customer location in in Deer Park, TX and to join their safety conscious team! This team member is responsible for the performance of tasks associated with hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials. The Environmental Technician II serves as a representative of HPC-Industrial in creating a continuous working relationship with clients/customers.
Why work for HPC-Industrial?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Engage in strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects.
- Operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, vacuum, equipment, oil spill boom, generators, bobcats, etc.
- Perform emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the HPC Industrial business.
- Must be able to wear protective clothing or equipment. This includes, but is not limited to Nomex coveralls, a back belt, slicker suits, rubber boots, a fresh air breathing mask and escape pack and a hard hat.
- Must be able to work under extreme climate conditions (excessive high heat index of 95+ degrees Fahrenheit, 98% humidity and subzero weather conditions) relative to geographic location.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to dust, chemical and environmental, fumes (chemical and fluids), exhaust and highly pressurized fluids.
What does it take to work for HPC-Industrial?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR) (preferred)
- Confined space entry and 40 Hour OSHA Training
- Knowledge of RCRA requirements/regulations
- Strong mechanical ability
HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC-Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.