HPC-Industrial is looking for a Hydro blaster/ Field Technician to join their safety conscious team! This Technician will be responsible for the safe & proper execution of HPC-Industrial jobs across all services lines.
LOCATION OF WORK: Various customer locations as needed across the US
PLEASE READ ALL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/PHYSICAL DEMANDS - YOU MAY BE A GREAT FIT!!!!
***GREAT PAY & BENEFITS***
Why work for HPC-Industrial?
- Health & Safety is our #1 priority & we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth & development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training, & tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Act as safety representative responsible for safety policies & procedures of both the company & the customer, including hands-on information regarding operations, safety, equipment, emergency response & administrative functions.
- Hands-on operation, when required, of manual and automated hydro-blasting equipment.
- Operation of special equipment, such as ultra-high-pressure pumps.
- Operate equipment by energizing the pumping equipment and/or any specialized hydro-blasting and/or chemical cleaning equipment, vacuum trucks & cutting equipment being used on the job.
- May be required to examine surface cleaned to ensure conformance to company & customer specifications.
- Perform routine maintenance on company equipment being used on the job.
- In the case of personnel in a supervisor capacity: Interface with customer representatives regarding job setup and scope, ensure performance & customer requirements are met or exceeded and company policies & procedures are implemented at the job site. Report to the branch manager or the designee and implement procedures to obtain results specified by the branch manager.
- See, read, distinguish, & understand signs in the work area.
- Hear & distinguish emergency signals while on duty.
- Execute a 180-degree rotary motion of the cervical spine to allow complete movement of the head & neck.
- Must be able to extend arms above head.
- Frequently bend at waist stoop, squat, kneel, reach & crawl.
- Tolerate being wet from head to toe for an unlimited amount of time.
- Climb ladders & work from scaffolding & stationary platforms up to heights of 200 ft.
- Tolerate & function in confined spaces of a minimum of 5 ft inside diameter.
- Hold the back thrust of 50lbs on a straight 66” pipe for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Must be capable of working up to 16 hours per shift.
- Must be physically capable of using both negative pressure and air supplied respirators.
- Must be able to wear protective clothing and/or equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, Nomex coveralls, a back belt, slickers, rubber boots, a fresh air breathing mask, an escape pack, and a hard hat.
- Work under extreme climate conditions (excessive high heat index of 95 degree Fahrenheit, 98% humidity; and sub-zero weather conditions) relative to geographical location.
- Exposure to dust (chemical & environmental), fumes, (chemical & fluids). Exhaust & highly pressurized fluids. (A respirator will be provided when required.)
- Noise levels exceed 85 dBA (hearing protection is provided and required.)
- Lift & maintain a minimum of 40lbs.
What does it take to work for HPC-Industrial?
- Specific vocational preparation including classroom safety training, on-the-job training & essential experience gained on other jobs.
- Language proficiency: understands English at a level to comprehend safety training & respond to instructions in emergency situations.
- Valid driver’s license and other requirements of company’s driving policy required when driving company vehicle or using personal vehicle on company business.
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of emergency equipment, such as fire extinguishers.
- May have to provide Federal Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC-Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
HPC-Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
HPC-Industrial is a Military & Veteran friendly company.