The Transportation Compliance Specialist reports directly to the Director of Transportation Compliance and is responsible for ensuring regional activities involving transportation via highway, vessel, rail, air and cross border is conducted in strict compliance with all applicable federal, provincial and local requirements.
Pay Scale: $66,864 - $100,296
This position does require the successful candidate to be on call and work overtime as required.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Provide technical support on transportation related issues to all lines of business: sales, site services, technical services, industrial services, SKE, BPS, National Transportation, facilities and the training group;
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with federal, state and provincial regulatory agencies in the USA (including Puerto Rico) and/or Canada (as applicable);
- Conduct announced and unannounced inspections at Clean Harbors, Safety-Kleen, etc facilities and service centers to review compliance related operational components that include but are not limited to: vehicle maintenance files, driver files, transportation related permits/authorities, equipment readiness, driver vehicle inspection reports, time keeping records, manifests, load preparation and condition, and other related transportation records & equipment;
- Prepare and assist facilities/service centers for audits and regulatory inspections (e.g. DOT, PHMSA,TDG , MOE, State, Provincial, etc inspections);
- Audit & inspect third party transportation subcontractors utilized by Clean Harbors;
- Assist field-based transportation coordinators and general managers with the interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures and related management tools (Electronic Logging Devices, Trip and Dispatch Workbench, etc.) relative to transportation compliance;
- Assist Corporate based Transportation Compliance Department with issues and questions relating to driver, vehicle & facility transportation issues and Carrier Profile Scores;
- Participate in the incident/accident/roadside inspection investigations and implement corrective actions.
- Assist in the development and delivery of transportation related training modules;
- Provide expertise in the interpretation of Federal, Provincial, State and Company transportation related regulations and policies.
- Be on call to take incident/accident and road side inspections reports to assist in acquiring needed responses, reporting, or required driver testing.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Transportation, Logistics, Environmental Science, or comparable area of emphasis) or a college diploma in a related field including law enforcement preferred;
- Experience with driving dangerous goods can be considered in lieu of formal education;
- 3+ years of compliance and/or driving experience;
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Provincial Transportation (DOT, FMCSA, TDG, MOE, CVSA etc.) regulations and standards;
- Must be willing and able to travel at minimum 50% of the time, which includes overnight travel;
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, and Provincial Environmental regulations;
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills;
- Proven strong ability to investigate and assess Transportation and Environmental incidents;
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to work independently and in teams;
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.