HPC-Industrial, Powered by Clean Harbors is looking for a District Manager to join their safety conscious team. This role will lead, innovate, coach and mentor with overall responsibility for the profitability, growth and management of multiple business units of a region. The District Manager will foster and create optimal strategies and conditions to facilitate strong individual and team performance. Position may require travel away from home up to 50%
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Develop and manage regional budgets and business plans that align with corporate targets and goals. Establish targets and goals for Branch Managers and ensure budgets and business plans are established and managed. Monitor performance, implement strategies and action plans to manage and address issues; partner with internal departments and stakeholders (ie. Health and Safety, Transportation Compliance, Human Resources, Finance, etc.) for counsel and expertise and to ensure compliance with policies and legislation. Work collectively with other "Pillar" managers to maximize the performance of all CHES opportunities.
- Monitor regional business intelligence and develop strategies and plans to minimize risks and maximum opportunities for growth and development.
- Prepare business reports and information for senior management. Analyze trends, formulate recommendations and identify business risks and opportunities. Identify strategies that can be actioned and implemented.
- Monitor and actively manage the performance of all branches within the region - KPI's, safety metrics, incidents, new business prospects, revenue achievement, regulatory compliance, etc. Partner with internal departments and stakeholders to remove roadblocks and increase efficiencies.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Branch Managers, clients, employees and other stakeholders. Utilize a mutual gains approach to ensure all contractual commitments are met without compromising customer or employee satisfaction.
- Ensure Branch Managers are actively managing to foster a high-performing team culture, committed to safety, excellence and development. Partner with HR, Training, Safety, Transportation Compliance to ensure programs and resources are utilized and value is achieved.
- Direct and optimize the utilization of personnel, equipment, tools and inventory to fulfil customer commitments and contracts. Actively manage maintenance, inventory, tools and equipment to ensure availability as/when required.
- Support business development and marketing initiatives at the branch level; ensure employees receive relevant information in a timely fashion.
- Lead and manage the divisional manpower planning. Ensure Branch Managers are partnering with HR and other stakeholders to ensure the timely acquisition, mobilization and demobilization of resources. Ensure associated risks are identified and actively managed.
- Other Duties as Assigned
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Willing to travel away from home up to XX% or XX weeks at a time.
- Associates degree or 2 years of specialized training required, Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Environmental Science preferred;
- Experience managing P&L;
- 4-6 years of leadership experience with a large, multisite complex corporation is required;
- Strong business acumen; credible leader; able to effectively lead and manage a multi-site environment;
- Budgeting and financial management skills; P&L management experience preferred; customer relationship management skills; change management skills
- Knowledge of Safety and Environmental policies, legislation and regulations; excellent communicator and presenter
- Loyal; proactive; able to collaborate with and inspire a range of people to achieve results; an influencer.
- Experience must include preparing and managing budgets, forecasts and financial reports.
- Industry experience is a definite asset.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Must be proficient with using the MS Office suite of applications and the ability to use or become proficient with other enterprise software applications.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.