Clean Harbors in Catanao , Puerto Rico is seeking a Field Services Technician I to join our safety conscious team. This role will be active in the field responsible for the performance of tasks associated with hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials.
* This positions requires 85% percent travel to US and other customer locations.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Recruiting Pay range
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and always acting in a safe manner
- Engage in strenuous physical labor including lifting and pulling heavy objects
- Operate light and heavy equipment, handles various hand tools and powered industrial tools, works with vibration-producing tools
- Wear and properly use a variety of personal protective Equipment (PPE). Including respirators, skin, face, hand and foot protection in a multiple number of combinations
- Work in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Work in atmospheres and locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic, or corrosive
- Work in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance
- Work at elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding
- Assist in field sampling activities and calibration of meters
- Climb ladders, scaffolding and into and out of trucks, tanks, and various other containers
- Work extended (> 8 hrs.) time periods
- Attend all compliance and safety update meetings
- Inspect drums for container integrity and regulatory compliance
- Safe loading and unloading of hazardous and non-hazardous waste
- Conduct waste stream sampling and profiling as necessary
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- By position, ability to be on call for emergency response on rotating basis every other week
- By position, site-remediation, equipment decontamination, and the handling of hazardous materials
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to perform physical functions per Key Responsibilities
- This position includes emergency response, a continuing condition of employment is agreeing to be on-call; on occasion working on weekends and holidays will be required; emergency response situations can extend beyond 8 hours, up to 12-24 hrs.
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Valid Driver’s license
- Previous relevant labor experience
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.