Our Grande Prairie, AB branch is looking for a Drilling Field Mechanic who will be responsible for performing maintenance, inspections and repairs on our fleet of company light duty trucks, heavy duty trucks and equipment.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Ensure that all equipment is properly secured prior to work/repairs, (i.e.: uses chock blocks and jack stands);
- Correct all equipment deficiencies and performs preventative maintenance tasks on company vehicles and equipment;
- Perform thorough inspections of equipment and identifies required repairs;
- Perform routine and specific maintenance tasks;
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment and light and heavy duty vehicles;
- Disassemble, inspect and replace worn or broken parts;
- Fit and adjust new or repaired parts;
- Perform CVIP inspections as required;
- Complete and submit all associated paperwork as required for tracking Preventative Maintenance schedules;
- Fill out and submit all required documentation in an accurate and timely manner;
- Ensure the shop area is kept clean, tidy and free of hazards at all times.
- Completion of Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) - On-Road certification;
- 2-years’ experience working as a Heavy Equipment Technician (On-Road);
- CVIP certified or willing to obtain;
- Previous experience quoting jobs preferred;
- Class 5 drivers’ license is required.