Clean Harbors is looking for an Environmental Program Manager to join their safety conscious team! This team member leads and manages a team of employees in supporting the execution of a client’s environmental hazardous waste management program. Environmental Program Manager serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors daily.
REQUIRED: 1-3 years waste disposal experience
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manages and tracks facility wide “cradle to grave” waste generation, storage, and disposal;
- Develops recycling plans/initiatives focused on reducing outgoing waste to landfills and waste to energy facilities;
- Ensures that material is properly packaged, profiled and labeled prior to shipment to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance;
- Schedules transportation and disposal for outgoing wastes as needed;
- Maintains appropriate visibility at customer sites, focusing on execution of work and issue resolution;
- Serves as customer’s main Clean Harbors point of contact, and acts as a resource for compliance questions;
- Oversees intermittent staff performing drum switch outs, battery collection events, and any other hazardous waste management activities;
- Creates framework for and ensures implementation of best management practice (BMP) for documentation and maintenance of training records at program locations;
- Conducts facility wide compliance audits to include inspections of staging, accumulation and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance;
- Assists customer in compiling data necessary for completing the Generator’s Annual Report and other required reporting functions as required;
- Provides waste tracking reports as needed.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent (required) and a B.S. in a scientific subject such as Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science (preferred);
- Valid Driver’s License and clean Motor Vehicle Record;
- Willing to travel up to 100% annually with potential overnight stays;
- 1 - 3 years experience with hazardous waste disposal a MUST;
- 1 - 3 years experience with RCRA a MUST;
- 1 - 3 years experience/knowledge of DOT desired;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills a must;
- Record keeping and organizational skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company