The Tax Analyst is an integral part of the tax department that is responsible for the renewal of some United States business licenses and managing state resale and exemption certificates for our customer base. The position will also support our US Tax Audit Manager. The position could also include the preparation of some United States sales tax returns.
- Renew some local business licenses.
- Assist in management of sales tax exemption and resale certificates in One Source and our internal billing system.
- Assist with US sales and use tax audits by finding and analyzing customer and vendor invoices in Peoplesoft.
- Help in the management of tax audits in order to minimize potential audit exposure.
- Prepare US State and Local Sales Tax Returns utilizing Onesource software systems.
- Assist with administrative functions within the department as needed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Peoplesoft preferred but not essential.
- Assist with the preparation of check requests as needed.
- May support tax staff with acquisitions and other corporate reorganizations.
- Knowledge of General Accounting and Reconciliation Processes preferred.
- Completion of sales tax functions (extension of existing work with new additions).
- Compliance work, audit support (currently already being done + additional work), Fixed asset project.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree – B.Com/M.Com/MBA