Our Fleet Maintenance Planner is responsible for maximizing operational profit using effective planned maintenance. The Vehicle Maintenance Planner reports directly to the Regional Hub Manager and is accountable for the daily preparation of internal and outsourced repair analyzation, repair orders, purchase order creation, and scheduling all maintenance in accordance with manpower and shop space availability to minimize maintenance delays and maximize asset availability.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Work with Internal and outsourced maintenance facilities within the region, and occasionally throughout the US;
- Create and manage fleet repair orders working closely with the Regional Hub Manager, Asset management, and the internal maintenance organization;
- Work with Clean Harbors operational groups to target completion of fleet overdue inspections, Recalls, and Campaigns;
- Follow repair process from repair creation to completion and communicate repair timeline status to all necessary parties;
- Track all repairs in the Clean Harbors Asset Management system including repair order notes, quotes, inspection forms, purchase orders, and final invoices;
- Facilitate maintenance repair requests with management, the internal maintenance organization and vendors;
- Participate in the periodic planning meetings with the internal maintenance group and facilitate branch meetings;
- Review all repair quotations and identify areas where repair cost can be reduced / eliminated;
- Facilitate transportation of units in need of repair or maintenance as well as completed units being placed back into service;
- Assist coworkers with asset management and repair order system issues, Credit card payments, Purchase order, and invoice inquires.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- Knowledge of fleet maintenance systems and processes;
- Knowledge of HD and LD automotive components and standard repair times is a plus;
- Ability to create actionable items out of data and information;
- Ability to use computer and applicable company software;
- Proficient in MS Office Applications - MS Excel, MS Outlook;
- Able to apply standards and processes that maintain regulatory compliance;
- Strong leadership and personnel development skills;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Understanding of metrics that drive fleet maintenance performance;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Ability to facilitate/train others, and ability to navigate and handle difficult conversations.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.