Safety-Kleen is looking for a Government Business Development Specialist to join their safety conscious team! This role is responsible for obtaining new accounts and expanding and/or maintaining existing accounts for key customers nationwide. Position may require travel away from home up to 25-50%.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5! Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Focus on assigned Government Segment (Federal or SLED)
- Develop and track opportunities through NOA for government contracts
- Manage pipeline of government opportunities
- Organize Government Contracts into a Contract Database
- Management of bid submission documents to support future proposal development
- Manage BPS side of GSA
- Support assigned accounts:
- Create responses proposals. Complete all deliverables corresponding to the bid.
- Facilitate Bid through the notice of award
- Support field with contract requirements, price management, account structure, and billing
- Engage in the supervision of all support aspects of Government Accounts: Contract Management and Price Management
- Review and facilitate bids/proposals through operational, business, and legal sectors
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Willing to travel away from home up to 25-50%;
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelors degree preferred;
- 5+ years industry and training experience;
- Develop and maintain technical understanding of all Lines of Business;
- Ability to work with little or no supervision;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent presentation and writing skills;
- Develop and use effective customer service skills;
- Develop effective communication skills and leadership abilities;
- Develop and maintain proficiencies in Windows based applications.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.