Safety-Kleen in East Chicago, IN is looking for a Shipping and Receiving Supervisor to join their safety conscious team. The candidate for this role will share responsibilities with the Supervisor team to oversee the shipping and receiving area at this location. This position will require flexibility to be able to work all shifts as necessary with possible rotating weekends.
Shift: 7am-3pm but may switch to 2pm-11pm once the employee is fully trained. Other shifts, Weekends, and OT as needed.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Share supervisory responsibilities/activities and set priorities for the employees in this department;
- Work closely with other facility departments (maintenance, lab and operations) as well as with transportation, sales, marketing and order entry;
- Responsible for receipt of used oil by rail, truck and barge to meet all safety, environmental, facility and company policies;
- Responsible for shipments of finished lubes and by products to meet customer specifications and on time delivery;
- Perform audits to insure compliance with safety, quality and procedures are being followed;
- Efficiently manage assets of the company and facility to include overtime, equipment, products and purchasing of materials/services;
- Coordinate with outside contractors and prepare work permits as required;
- Serve as a member of the confined space rescue team;
- Provide training and development to the department employees;
- All other duties as assigned by your Manager.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Mechanical skills, understands pumps, vacuum/pressure and conveyance systems;
- Experienced in lube oil blending;
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (word, excel, outlook);
- Ability to work a rotating schedule;
- Communication skills both oral and written;
- Minimum of 2 years experience with shipping and receiving;
- Supervisory experience preferred;
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and walk/climb platforms;
- Responsibilites will be both indoors and outdoors in all climates.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.