HPC-Industrial (Wilmington, CA) is looking for a Driver to join their safety conscious team! The position is responsible for the safe and proper execution of HPC-Industrial jobs across all service lines. This includes responsibility over proper operation of equipment, driving operational efficiencies at the work site and ensuring accurate documentation related to the job is completed in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Inspect loads for safe transportation.
- Maintain valid CDL Class A driver's license, logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Tanker Endorsement Required, Hazmat Endorsement Required.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles immediately.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and services when required.
- Driver ensures that brake adjustment inspections are completed prior to use.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products and other materials.
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes in compliance with state regulations.
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, phones, or global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Load or unload hazardous and non-hardardouns waste materials from trucks or help others with loading or unloading, using special loading-related equipment or other equipment as necessary.
- Labels, marks and manifests shipments in accordance with applicable regulations and company policies, practices and procedures.
- Remove debris from loaded trailers.
- Inventory and inspect fluids to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
Driver is properly trained for all use of PPE required to perform work in a safely manner.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Requirements below:
- Minimum of one year, verifiable vacuum truck service within the commercial trucking industry.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving fluids in the vacuum truck services in the oilfield industry.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge in the operation of equipment used in commercial transportation.
- CDL Class A with X (Haz-mat and Tanker) endorsement and an acceptable driving record.
- Smartphone required for Electronic Logging Device.
- Complete understanding of DOT’s safety program & standards.
- Possess excellent communications and human relations skills.
Mechanical aptitude and experience troubleshooting transportation equipment is preferred.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.