HydroChemPSC is currently looking for a Field Laborer- Emergency Response Technician in Colton, CA. Primary duties include HAZMAT Emergency Response, tank cleaning, excavating, and waste handling. Our crews work independently as a remote team with the support of dozens of local offices. Additionally, team members are provided advanced technology and equipment to support their ongoing operations. HydroChemPSC welcomes applicants of all skill sets and experience and should be able to work nights, weekends and on short notice. 40 hour Hazwoper preferred.
Responsibilities for Internal Candidates
- Assists crew in performance of job duties to complete work in accordance with client requirements and HydroChemPSC policies, practices and procedures.
- Enforces HydroChemPSC employee policies and may stop job when required.
- Reads work order and ensures all required equipment is available and operational prior to starting job. Inspects equipment and general work area prior to starting any job
- Corrects deficiencies that may cause accidents, injuries, lost productivity or harm to equipment or that are inconsistent with client's requirements.
- Communicates Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment when required. Completes all appropriate paperwork including service receipts, and submits to designated management
- Operates all necessary equipment in service line (chemical, painting/blasting, asbestos and vacuum) in accordance with operation training and safety procedures.
- May have to perform shoveling, moving drums, and pressure washing.
- May work in confined spaces or at heights
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving company vehicle.
- Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of mechanical devices such a s pumps, valves, PTO’s etc.
- May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs as long as they have the knowledge to complete the task safely.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by company, DOT, OSHA, and customer regulations.
- Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work safely.
- Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries involving employee or others while operating company vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
- Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based on job experience & observations.
- Verifies that the load, tools, equipment, and materials are secured properly before transporting begins.
- Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
- Performs other duties when assigned.
- Follows safety guidelines and stewards protocol to employees
- Ability to do manual labor, shoveling, moving drums ETC.
Qualifications for Internal Candidates
- Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, pulp and paper mills, etc.
- 0 – 1 years related experience
- Driver’s License required
- Obtains a license for the state of residence within 90 days.
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.