Clean Harbors in Hartford CT is looking for a Hazard Waste Technician to join the team. Known internally as the InSite Chemist you will be responsible for assisting in the collection, identification, and proper packaging and/or lab packing of hazardous and non-hazardous waste located in various medical facilities throughout the state. Vehicle required. This position requires traveling and offers mileage reimbursement.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Recruiting Pay range
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner
- Responsible for collecting, identifying, and packaging Hazardous waste produced within customer facility
- Prepare waste drums for pick-up and delivery
- Answer phone calls and manage customer request
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and grounds
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for waste tracking movements
- Ensure drum count is correct and that drum conditions are shippable in accordance with the policies and procedures of Clean Harbors.
- Knowledge of scoping/pricing work
- Ability to work in a high demand deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Valid Driver’s license
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Previous experience in Environmental Services (i.e. remediation, abatement, emergency spill response, etc.)
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial, or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.