Clean Harbors is seeking a Health & Safety Manager to manage overall branch operations, including ensuring safe, cost effective, and efficient day-to-day management, as well as providing direction, growth and ensuring the success of the Company and its Employees. Having a strong sales aptitude is an asset, this role is responsible to drive revenue growth, and quoting.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Travel to job sites to conduct site audits and interventions, investigate, oversee, and observe safety conditions and manage safety permits and required paperwork for each work crew. Monitor Industrial Hygiene;
- Manage employee safety training programs; Participate in Program development and implementation; Conduct employee training such as HAZWOPER, Confined Space Entry, Scaffolding, etc;
- Develop health and safety plans, JSA’s (job safety analysis), JHA’s (job hazard analysis) and manage safety equipment inspection and testing programs;
- Collaborate with leaders of various business units to Implement CHESI (Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc.) Health & Safety Programs and promote continuous safety improvement. Participate in meetings, develop relationships, provide periodic reporting and EHS guidance;
- Respond to emergencies and incidents and manage injury and accident follow-up and reporting. Establish relationships with client safety departments and local governmental and regulatory officials and personnel;
- Demonstrate proficiency at a wide variety of assignments and can direct personnel in operational procedures to complete assignments.
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- 50% travel.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience in progressive Health & Safety experience;
- High School diploma or equivalent (Associate’s degree in occupational health and safety or a closely related field preferred);
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal and State safety and health regulations;
- Experience in Field Services, Oil & Petrochemical, Industrial Services, Environmental Emergency Response or similar industry preferred;
- Certification as Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Safety Professional (CSP), or ability to obtain;
- Strong attention to detail and well-developed organizational skills
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Established networks and recognition within the industry
- Industry knowledge and/or experience
Clean Harbors Field Services teams perform a multitude of services, including sump and tank pump-outs, tank cleaning requiring confined space entry and vacuum services, building or site decontamination, large remediation projects and emergency response.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial, or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.