Clean Harbors in Newburgh/North Amityville, NY is seeking a Customer Service Representative (Field Service Rep) to support the field office handling all branch related accounts and administrative obligations.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner
- Identify questionable quoted disposal, transportation, labor or material rates and present to the General Manager before quote is released
- Monitor worksheets for accuracy and completion prior to entry
- Create paperwork for all scheduled jobs and ensure accuracy prior to use on-site or in the field
- Add profiled waste to all orders prior to pick up and ensure profiles are properly priced via the quote or contract
- Create appropriate job-related purchase orders
- Assure daily billing of the business with expectation that billing is accomplished each day and is consistent each week and respond in a timely manner to all billing issues/questions on unbilled reports
- Review open sales orders and closes where appropriate
- Complete and submit short pay and credit rebill requests
- Set up new customers that result from incoming service requests and ensure customer information is accurately input
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Administrative experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Experience in construction, manufacturing, or a similar environment
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial, or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.