Clean Harbors is seeking a Facility Maintenance Manager II for our Dolton IL location. This position will oversee all employees and maintenance activities for our maintenance department. This position will also help with maintenance planning, maintenance projects, purchasing and critical parts inventory management/supplies.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensure Health and Safety are the number one goal by following policies, processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Supervision of all maintenance employees, on designated shifts;
- Oversee maintenance activities including but not limited to welding, pipe fitting, mechanical, electrical and preventative maintenance;
- Assure a proper Preventative Maintenance rotation occurs and is tracked through our Facility Asset Management system for all plant equipment;
- Manage personnel related functions for maintenance employees, including hiring, firing and performance appraisals;
- Manage outside contractor agreements for work planning and safety management for any maintenance orders or projects;
- Participate in turnaround planning and engage contractors to staff the outages;
- Head up the Shutdown planning and scope of work for the plant as a total - This includes the actual shutdown in work as it takes place (working closely with engineers);
- Work with contractors as necessary to meet maintenance goals;
- Oversee, direct and approve work;
- Holding contractors and others accountable for timelines, quality of work, QC of jobs, skills levels;
- Parts consumptions and cost tracking as defined by GM including labor;
- Work with the facility management team to accomplish a common goal of reliability and run ability.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical engineering a must;
- 4+ years of plant related experience required;
- 4+ years of supervisory experience required;
- Certified welder, mechanic or pipe fitting certificate an asset;
- Forklift training or experience preferred;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications;
- Knowledge of plant mechanical and electrical equipment and applications preferred.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.