We are seeking an Environmental Retail Chemist to join our Safety conscious team. Do you have a strong background in customer service, exceptional attention to detail, excellent computer skills and have always wanted to get your CDL? This role will combine your current skills and teach you to drive a box truck to pick up inventory that is damaged or expired at retail locations and transport them to a Clean Harbors/Safety-Kleen facility for disposal. This position is not a lab chemist position and requires up to 100% field work in various working conditions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive base hourly $18-22 per hr.(there will be an increase once you obtain your CDL) with weekly overtime opportunities;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- We pay for you to get your Commercial Driver’s License and Endorsements;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- We are the industry leader providing best-in-class solutions for environmental, retail, energy, and industrial services in North America.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Load, pack and segregate materials and waste products;
- Driving a Box Truck, visiting retail customer sites;
- Segregating, packing, and loading materials and waste products (inventory that is damaged or expired) for safe transportation;
- Interacting with customers at each stop;
- Prepare DOT shipping documents;
- Use of a laptop, printer, handheld, and iPhone to complete tasks;
- Conduct projects/jobs according to site specific Federal, State, and local regulations and health and safety plans as well as Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc., policies and procedures;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a CDL with Hazmat endorsement within 6 months of hire is required;
- College degree in chemistry, biology, or other natural science strongly preferred;
- Previous experience in hazardous material handling, chemistry and/or lab packing experience;
- OSHA, DOT, and RCRA experience preferred;
- Previous Manual Labor experience strongly preferred;
- The ability to use a laptop, handheld, printer, and iPhone are required;
- Clean driving record;
- Good communication and organizational skills.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial, or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.