Clean Harbors in Hartford, CT is seeking a Household Hazard Waste Clerk I to support the CleanPack and Treatment and Disposal business. Known internally as the InSite Chemist you will be responsible for assisting in the collection, identification, and proper packaging and/or lab packing of hazardous and non-hazardous waste located at an area medical facility.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Recruiting Pay range
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner
- Responsible creating manifests, invoices and other paperwork associated with HHW Programs
- Responsible for maintaining customer and company spreadsheets
- Responsible for the safe off-loading of household hazardous waste from vehicles at HHW collection jobs
- Responsible for setting up and disassembling of HHW events, which includes setting up and arranging tables, signs, drums and equipment
- Load trucks at end of collection event
- Proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance
- Ensure work area maintained in a neat and orderly manner
- Attend all compliance and safety update meetings
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules.
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements.
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures.
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attention to detail, able to take and follow direction, and to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to interface with customers
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
Clean Harbors facilitates thousands of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and pesticide collection programs throughout North America—collecting paints, solvents, batteries, fluorescent lamps, pesticides, cleaners and other hazardous materials during one-day, multi-day and mobile events.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.