Title: Technical Product Owner
Location: Hyderabad/Pune/Bangalore - Work from Office
Working Hours: 12:00pm to 9.00pm IST
- Works with Stakeholders to understand their business process requirements and assists them with enhancement requests for ServiceNow
- Authors Epics and Stories with detailed acceptance criteria for enhancement requests on ServiceNow that address stakeholder business problems
- Works closely with delivery teams & business analysts to translate business requirements into workable product backlogs
- Partners closely with the Scrum Masters on sprint planning, including prioritizing stories that have the highest business value and are aligned with enterprise standards and business roadmaps.
- Collaborates effectively with other team members, business stakeholders, and leadership.
- Collaborates with teams across the company to resolve issues.
- Understands the enterprise IT processes and works closely with stakeholders to identify appropriate solutions to business problems.
- Determines scope, estimates work effort, and determines duration of development activities.
- Designs solutions to meet business requirements and works in close coordination with architects and delivery leads to drive solutions to production
- Owns and updates the product vision and roadmaps.
- Collaborates with the agile team to prepare the estimates for the user stories within the product backlog.
- Conducts the formal review and acceptance of user stories implemented by the agile team within a sprint.
- Drives the execution of user acceptance testing (UAT) activities with support from business and technology team members.
- Provides daily support to the application / Product platform; including, integrations and administration
- Maintains deep understanding of the ServiceNow platforms’ current and future capabilities.
- Commits to continuous process improvement.
- Participates in team planning and activities for improving skills, knowledge, and quality of work.
- Understands and adheres to the Mission Statement and Code of Ethics
- Experience working as a contributing member on an Agile Scrum based Delivery Team.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills in order to meet tight deadlines as well as coordinate, prioritize, and communicate project statuses to required parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong proven leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to logically think through problem situations.
- Ability to communicate technical information in business terms.
- Basic understanding of ITIL and Information Security best practices.
- Able to collaborate with other technical experts and develop solutions for success.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or with team members with little supervision.
- Ability to independently plan deliverables and coordinate with team-members.
- Team player - friendly, communicative, open, honest, thoughtful, and committed.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, sharing ideas, collaborating and ultimately, putting team goals first.
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Demonstrated documentation experience in creating rich content that explains business requirements – usage of various documentation tools is a must
- Bachelor’s degree with master’s degree recommended
- 5+ years minimum working as a Product Owner
- Working knowledge of the ServiceNow platform.
- Working knowledge of at least five of the following: change management, incident management, request management, release management, problem management, knowledge management, IT operations management, security operations management, business continuity management, vendor risk management, service level management, and financial management.
- Demonstrated experience with building software products using agile methodologies