The duties of the Process Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring of plant performance including processing capacity, cycle efficiency, reagent usage, and overall plant efficiency. Identify shortfalls and opportunities and implement action plans for improvement.
- Employ Lean CI tools to make/facilitate process changes to operational procedures and practices, implement training enhancements where necessary and identify process changes and upgrades that will enhance the overall plant performance.
- Develop and implement protocols for the purposes of troubleshooting process problems.
- Analyze data and use a systematic approach to solving process issues and limitations.
- Develop cost effective plans for improvements and/or provide training and insight to plant personnel to ensure sustained progress.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting expertise to the operations group to enhance the process and improve management team interaction and communications.
- Develop new capital projects by preparing FEED (front end engineering design) specifications including material and energy balances, process flow diagrams, P&IDs and specification of equipment.
- Design and evaluate distillation, heat transfer and fluid flow operations.
- Provide technical support for plant permits and modifications including air emission calculations, specifying emission controls, air modeling, and process descriptions.
- Provide support to Sales in the evaluation of new customer streams and review of new process technologies.
- Develop cost analysis and justification for new projects including proforma P&L statements.
- Manage key capital improvement projects to successful conclusion by controlling the schedule and capital spending.
Work with VP Process Engineering to engage resources and to develop long term plans and strategies
A successful candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability and tenacity to solve problems.
Must have experience in the design of processes utilized in refineries, and solvent and chemical manufacturing, recovery, and recycling.
Experience in Waste Processing desirable.
Strong Project management skills including schedule and cost control while working with multiple stakeholders.
A successful candidate will have good presentation, organization, and people skills. Specifically, write and present issues clearly and succinctly to senior management, effectively communicate remotely on conference calls using MS Teams and Webex, and work in and/or lead project specific teams.
Reading and interpretation of technical documents and manuals, mechanical and electrical drawings, DCS, PLC, and SCADA experience a plus.
High proficiency with MS Office suite
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering