Safety-Kleen Environmental (SKE) is looking for a Business Development Representative. The SKE Business Development Representative is responsible for generating new business opportunities and meet monthly new revenue goals. BDRs will qualify and prospect using tools provided by the business to identify potential new customers, and priority lists to reactivate inactive accounts by engaging with decision makers and close sales opportunities.
Safety-Kleen Environmental (SKE) Business Development Representative must have strong sales drive along with excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills. Daily activity consists of calling former customers (recapture) and prospect customers (new) to help grow the business and market share. Along with “cold” calls, the sales agent will use emails, social media, and other methods to communicate and lead high-level discovery calls with prospects. The goal is to discover new business and rekindle existing relationships with clients that eventually turn into legitimate sales opportunities.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Establish contact with new business opportunities via cold-calling and cold-emailing qualified prospects and former customers.
- Create proposals for existing customers to better help them with their business while utilizing Safety-Kleen services.
- Update customer information and records.
- Utilize the company CRM (Salesforce.com) daily.
- Research targets, trends, customer needs and interests and other data that can be used in creating strategies to expand business development activities.
- Build relationships with potential customers through consistent follow up, reliable communication and frequent updates.
- Study each vertical within the company and be able to educate and inform customers of how Safety-Kleen works and the value propositions it provides.
- Collaborate with Sales employees from other departments to identify improvement areas, modifications or changes that could enhance overall Sales performance.
- Produce creative strategies for targeting decision-makers at prospect accounts in order to create sales opportunities and influence company revenue.
- Probe and explore customers needs using vertical marketing intelligence to better identify opportunities and qualify and peak their interests to drive future sales.
- Following-up with potential customers who expressed interest and using Safety-Kleen services or redirect those customers to a field sales representative.
- Perform regular follow-up calls or emails and facilitating communication with existing customers to ensure their satisfaction and identify new potential needs
- Closely collaborate with sales executives and sales managers to share best practices and ensure the company's goals and targets are met.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor's degree preferred;
- 2 + years of related work experience;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Self-motivated with customer orientation;
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills;
- Demonstrated ability to attract new customers;
- Ability to think strategically and make sound business decisions;
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with common CRM and sales-related business software.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.