Clean Harbors is looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join their safety conscious team! This individual will add value to business units, functions and departments by performing operational, financial and compliance audits, providing guidance on risk and related control activities, including control design and operational effectiveness and prepare communication to senior management.
This individual will be challenged to roll up their sleeves in engaging in risk-based audits of complex/specialized processes and functional areas, prepare clear and concise audit documentation, including draft reports. The Audit Manager will lead projects that are aligned with Company priorities and support SOX 404 compliance. Results will be achieved through partnering with the Internal Audit team to drive planned projects to completion.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Projects a positive and professional image and serves as a professional role model for peers and others.
- Lead and train teams on projects, while partnering with management and business owners to identify and test controls.
- Supervise audit staff members, including assistance in developing audit procedures and techniques to effectively perform timely audits.
- Stay informed of current industry best practices, accounting and auditing standards and apply new techniques as appropriate.
- Assist team members in developing their career path, preparing them for Company leadership positions while fostering a high integrity atmosphere, treating all associates with respect, keeping confidences, and ensuring that diversity is accepted and facilitated within the department.
- Effectively utilizes information technology such as data mining applications like IDEA to develop, review and provide feedback on work programs, reports, and work papers prepared by auditors.
- Responsible for managing the Sarbanes Oxley project including partnering with management and external audit ensuring efficient and effective testing with the goal of facilitating an opinion on controls.
- Ensure projects have appropriate level of audit evidence and work paper preparation to support observations, conclusions, and recommendations and ensures projects are in compliance with established standards and methodology.
- Plan engagements by obtaining sufficient knowledge of the business and/or functional process under review.
- Develop, review and provide feedback on work programs, reports, and work papers prepared by audit team members.
- Conduct/organize exit conferences with management following completion of reviews.
- Assist in the management of resource allocation for the department along with the development of the annual risk assessment and related audit plan.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 5+ years’ experience with Internal Auditing
- 3+ years managing a team;
- CPA and/or CIA preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Expertise with common reporting and analytical systems including Excel (required), MS Access (preferred), Data Warehouse (preferred), PeopleSoft ERP (preferred);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40 years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.