Clean Harbors in Eagan, MN is seeking a Chemist Intern for the Summer of 2023. The Chemist internship program is designed for students interested in maintaining a sustainable environment. The intern will be responsible for tasks associated with handling, segregating, packing, and inspecting chemical waste. This position will work both indoors and outdoors at plants, labs, and customer sites assisting with lab packs, household hazardous waste (HHW) collections and lab moves. We are searching for a reliable and team-oriented individual with an excellent commitment to safety to join our growing team during the Summer of 2023!
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Paid Internship $20/ hour
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Offloads containers from Van trailers upon arrival at the facility
- Receives all incoming containers and properly codes all waste for disposal processing
- Completes all paperwork associated with consolidation process and performs waste tracking operations through Clean Harbors proprietary software, WIN
- Samples all incoming drums and performs basic chemical analysis of samples following prescribed procedures
- Calibrates and utilizes lab instrumentation required to run basic analysis, completes all paperwork associated with analysis and drum sampling, ensures that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines
- Assures all drums are assigned proper disposal process code and/or outbound profile, responsible for knowledge of Clean Harbors proprietary WIN system applicable to receiving, routing and billing of drums
- Conveys critical verbal and written information to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensures real time tracking of all containers via Clean Harbors WIN system in conjunction with handheld scanners
- Supply management in their area of responsibility, and best management practices including proper housekeeping.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Strong customer service skills
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline (Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Sciences, etc) and be in their Junior or Senior year.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company