Our team in Corunna ON is hiring a Payroll Administrator to join the team. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for computing specified payrolls, processing transactions, and preparing and generating a variety of forms and reports.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Proof changes, additions, and terminations paperwork received from HR personnel against generator reports and data; maintains employee payroll records.
- Perform data entry of transactions not handled by HR-Payroll interface/Kronos/WIN
- Import hours for weekly payroll and responsible for transmission of payroll to the payroll vendor.
- Monitor provisions of Collective Agreement/unions, Prevailing Wage/SCA (as applicable) and initiate changes to payroll vendor, including dues, ect.
- Prepare tax and 401K contribution transfers, (loans, limits), as applicable.
- Generate monthly/quarterly/annual reports for field operations, HR, Accounting, as required;
- Calculate and process manual checks, wire transfer requests, process retro-active payments in accordance with company policies;
- Maintain sick and vacation records/balance/accruals for employees in accordance with policies, and process corresponding year-end reporting as needed;
- Initiate stop payment and recall of direct deposits transactions, as approved by payroll management; Initiate check requests for monthly deductions and wire transfer requests;
- Complete employment verification/ROE’s, unemployment forms, worker’s compensation forms, and Levy and Garnishment documentation and transactions;
- Perform reconciliation of deduction, weekly processing, monthly payroll reconciliation, ect and report discrepancies to Payroll Manager, as appropriate along with applicable/required research for problem resolution.
- Prepare W-2s/T4’s at year end- (relocation, stock options, Declaration of Employment, CPP/EI discrepancies, ect.)
- Maintain and distribute WCB Clearance Certificates;
- Respond to employee inquiries, and management requests regarding payroll issues-keen customer service;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Ability to prioritize between multiple tasks;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- 3 Years of Payroll and related accounting experience;
- High School Diploma or equivalent required;
- Bachelor Degree in accounting preferred;
- Attention to detail;
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills;
- Customer focus and keen customer service sense;
- Quick Learning Ability;
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483). Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.